My name is María Mancini Cenobio. I’m a mama to twins Maya and Ana and we live in the beautiful Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, where I make chocolate from the bean with the intention to Nourish all of your senses.
I was born and raised in the central region of Mexico, in the land of the Aztec civilization. I am proud of my culture and ancient traditions, not only the history of chocolate but also the quality of cacao grown in my country of origin are my inspiration to create and offer quality food – real chocolate – “The Food Of The Gods”.
After several years of experimenting with superfoods (especially cacao), and learning from my life partner (an expert in growing organic, nutrient-dense food), I realized the importance of creating chocolate products that are better not only for the consumer but also for the farmers and the planet.
I wanted to follow my passion for chocolate while reinvigorating the ancient tradition of drinking chocolate as a vitalizing elixir and to join the smallholder farmers’ efforts to preserve biodiversity in the region of Soconusco in Chiapas, Mexico, where Criollo Cacao has been cultivated for millennia by the Maya.
This is how I have undertaken this fascinating journey with MAYANA® since 2017.
MAYANA means MOTHER OF CREATION WHERE LOVE IS BORN
MAYA and ANA are the names of my twin daughters.
The name MAYANA has beautiful meanings related to the feminine energy in several languages:
- MA: “Mother” (Bangla), “Creation” (Hindi)
- MAY: The 5th month – Rebirth, Fertility, Flower (Arabic)
- MAYA: The MAYA gave us the word “cacao”. The MAYA introduced drinking chocolate. “Mother of Creation” (Hinduism & Buddhism), “Illusion” (Hinduism), “María Here and Now” (Spanish)
- AYA: “Angel”, “Miracle” (Arabic)
- ANA: “Love is Born Here” (Spanish)
- MAAYAN: “Spring” (Hebrew)
The MAYANA® logo mirrors the Creation of Life – The Seed of Life – a universal symbol of creation found at the heart of an ancient pattern called Flower of Life.
The circles of this geometrical seed are open as a foundation upon the infinite, fractal nature of our life; inside the 7 circle, meaning the womb.
- Metaphorically related to cacao – nature’s golden seeds that feed us with vitalizing food.