NOURISHMENT FOR ALL YOUR SENSES
MAYANA is known for reinvigorating the ancient tradition of drinking chocolate as a vitalizing elixir.
We make specialty chocolate with the "food of the gods" from Mexico - Soconusco.
All natural and handcrafted with the intention to Nourish All Of Your Senses.
We drink our chocolate not only for the exceptional taste but also for the vitalizing effects on our bodies and brains.
Our Cacao Elixirs contain at least 80% pure dark chocolate mixed with superfoods, medicinal mushrooms, and spices, with little to no added sugar.
This is not your usual hot chocolate - it's real chocolate that’s actually good for you!
WHAT MAKES OUR CHOCOLATE UNIQUE?
Our cacao is:
- Fine Flavour Cacao. The finest cacao beans which become the most flavourful chocolate. Their flavour comes from genetics for natural reproduction rather than GMO. Fine cacao is less bitter and more aromatic than any other beans - its complex flavour and aroma includes fruits, floral, herbal, and wood notes, as well as rich and balanced chocolate bases.
- Heirloom. Our chocolate is made with selected cacao beans of varietals native to the region of Soconusco, Chiapas in Mexico - Lagarto Rojo, Lagarto Verde, Cundeamor and Amelonado Soconusco produce cacao beans with historic, cultural, geographical, botanical and flavour value.
- Single-origin. From Soconusco, Chiapas, Mexico - land of rich biodiversity where the cacao tree grows old and reborns at the roots. Historically, cacao grown and consumed by the native people in this region in southern Mexico -the Mokayas, the Olmecs (1500 B.C.) and later the Mayan, was "Criollo" cacao, the type of cacao that Europeans first encountered and it has been held in high regard ever since. Cacao from Soconusco was also called "Cacao Real del Soconusco" in Europe as it was consumed only by the royalty.
- Single farm. We source our cacao from Siibalkuj 4 hermanos farm. The producer perpetuates the ancient tradition by delivering premium quality cacao beans.
- Direct trade. We go beyond fair trade by buying cacao directly from the farmers that are using sustainable practices to cultivate it. They are not only paid a fair price for their crops, but also we recognize and empower them and their community.
- Organic. Grown in agroforestry without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
- Handcrafted. Our chocolate is made with basic small-batch equipment and with two hands. The chocolate is pulverized by hand.
- Quality ingredients. Made with high quality ingredients from organic sources exclusively. And we ensure that every ingredient that goes into our chocolate has been ethically sourced and farmed.